If you're having problems with passive voice in your manuscript, check out this article: Passive Voice. The article talks about five myths of passive voice.
1. Use of the passive voice constitutes as a grammatical error.
2. Any use of "to be" (in any form) constitutes as the passive voice
3. The passive voice always avoids the first person; if something is in first person ("I" or "we"), it's also in the active voice.
4. You should never use the passive voice.
5. I can rely on my grammar checker to catch the passive voice.
After the explanation as to why these are myths, the author goes in great detail explaining the passive voice.
Do you have any writing articles or links you'd like to share?