Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tying Up Loose Ends

Congratulations go to Cynthia, Gwen, and Sarah! They are the winners of the critique group contest. There were a lot of wonderful entries and the decision was difficult. I felt like Jillian from the Bachelorette. It’s tough letting someone down, especially when you enjoyed what they wrote, but I couldn’t “keep” everyone.

For those of you who don’t know, I have a writers’ support group that might interest you. We have 31 members so far, which is great for networking. If you want to know more, check out this post: http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-writers-support-group.html If you’d like to join, e-mail me at: lynnette_labelle@hotmail.com with “WOW” (Writers_on_Writing) in the subject, so I know the message isn’t spam.

As for the critique group name contest, so far, nobody’s won because none of the names fit us. If you’d like to keep entering, e-mail me your suggestions. The contest will be open until we chose a name. I never realized how hard this would be. Sheeesh! Thanks to everyone who has entered. Do you have any more ideas?

Tomorrow, we’ll get back to normal. That’s enough contests for me, at least for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for choosing me. I am honored. :)
    And no thoughts on a name yet, but I'm thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sarah! I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lynnette! I'm looking forward to the critique group.

    ReplyDelete