Calling all romance writers in search of a critique group. I’m hosting a contest so you can show your stuff. Tell your friends!
• This contest is only for romance writers (all sub-genres including genres with romantic elements) who are seeking a critique group. Sorry. That’s the point of the contest.
• All entrants must be 18 years or older.
• Entries should be one-two pages from an unpublished manuscript, double spaced, 12 pt. font., Times New Roman.
• This is a two part contest. The first part is the sample writing page open to all contestants and the second part is only for the finalists. That’ll be a bio/questionnaire to fill out because our group wants to know we’re compatible both in our writing styles and personalities. Specific questions will be posted or sent to the finalists.
• Entries will be judged on the quality of the writing, but we aren’t expecting perfection. Please send us your best work without external help. We want to see how well YOU write, not your critique partner.
• All entries are due by midnight Wednesday, June 10, 2009
• One entry per person, unpublished work only.
• Send entry in the body of an e-mail (I will NOT open anything with an attachment): email@example.com
• You should expect an e-mail from me confirming I received your entry. If you haven't gotten one within 24 hours, double check the e-mail address. Note: my name is spelled with two n's. LyNNette. If you don't spell it correctly in my e-mail address, I won't get the message.
• Finalists will be announced and notified by e-mail some time during the week of June 14-20.
• Membership for 3 lucky writers to a small (online) critique group for romance writers *
• Note: This new critique group is looking for members who are willing to critique at least ONE chapter a week. (That's one chapter total, not per person.) We want to expand from 3 to 6 people (and possibly 8 at some point).
If you have any questions about the contest or the critique group, ask away.
*We reserve the right to not choose anyone if we don't feel a good fit for our critique group.