Are you searching for a critique partner or group? Roni from Fiction Groupie held a matchmaking session for her readers not to long ago and it seemed to go over well. I thought I'd see if I could play the game and get some of you folks together, too. If you're looking for an online critique partner or group, send me an e-mail to: lynnette_labelle (at) hotmail (dot) com and put "Crit Partner" in the subject so I don't think it's spam. In the e-mail itself, answer these questions:
1) What genre(s) do you write?
2) Have you been published? If so, when and where?
3) How many novels have you written (complete, but may be in draft form)?
4) What genre(s) do you read on a regular basis?
5) Are you looking for a critique partner or a group (or doesn't it matter)?
6) How often do you want to exchange pieces?
7) Have you ever been in a critique group before? What did you like or dislike about that experience?
8) What are your strengths as a writer and a critiquer?
9) What are your weaknesses as a writer and a critiquer?
10) Would you consider your writing ability to be at a beginner, intermediate, or advanced level?
Please pass this on to your writing friends. Obviously, the more participants we get, the better the matches. Good luck! And don't worry if you've never critiqued before. We've all been there once. Just send your questionnaire and I'll match you up.
Make sure you spell my name with two n's or I won't get your e-mail. Thanks. Also, once I receive your e-mail, I'll send you a note so you know. If you don't hear from me within 24 hours, try again or post a message on my blog.