Monday, November 16, 2009

Looking for a Crit Partner or Group?

Are you searching for a critique partner or group?  Roni from Fiction Groupie held a matchmaking session for her readers not to long ago and it seemed to go over well.  I thought I'd see if I could play the game and get some of you folks together, too.  If you're looking for an online critique partner or group, send me an e-mail to: lynnette_labelle (at) hotmail (dot) com and put "Crit Partner" in the subject so I don't think it's spam.  In the e-mail itself, answer these questions:

1) What genre(s) do you write?
2) Have you been published?  If so, when and where?
3) How many novels have you written (complete, but may be in draft form)?
4) What genre(s) do you read on a regular basis?
5) Are you looking for a critique partner or a group (or doesn't it matter)?
6) How often do you want to exchange pieces?
7) Have you ever been in a critique group before?  What did you like or dislike about that experience?
8) What are your strengths as a writer and a critiquer?
9) What are your weaknesses as a writer and a critiquer?
10) Would you consider your writing ability to be at a beginner, intermediate, or advanced level?

Please pass this on to your writing friends.  Obviously, the more participants we get, the better the matches.  Good luck!  And don't worry if you've never critiqued before.  We've all been there once.  Just send your questionnaire and I'll match you up.

Make sure you spell my name with two n's or I won't get your e-mail.  Thanks.  Also, once I receive your e-mail, I'll send you a note so you know.  If you don't hear from me within 24 hours, try again or post a message on my blog.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the linkage. Matchmaking is fun. I was so excited when a group formed off my post :) Hope your followers out there find the critter they're looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea!!! I have a great writers group IRL...but I am the only romance writer. I think about joining something online with other romance writers but my writing/critiquing time is so limited and I would hate to let other people down :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni's post brought my group together. It has been a Godsend...literally. I hope something comes from this post. Being in a critique group is so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've been looking for a critique group or partner of some kind, what a coincidence! The only thing I'm worried about is that I've never done this before and if I get paired up with someone very experienced, I'm afraid I'll annoy them. I also don't have any finished novels and only a few finished short stories I would even consider having critiqued. I'll need to think about this for a bit but you might hear from me! Thank you for this Lynnette :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sent you over an email :) can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a lovely crit group on line and had to opt out because I cannot devote both time to doing their critiques justice and getting my writing done. But I'll repost this on the blahg. Thanks for offering to play matchmaker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking about doing the same thing. I have a wonderful critique group now. It is for historical romance. I've been thinking of forming a new group for inspirational romance because none of my current group is familiar with what is required in the inspy market. Keep us posted on how your matchmaking goes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to those who've sent me an e-mail. For those who already have a crit partner/group, please spread the word to others in need of this wonderful support. I'll be accepting e-mails until the end of the week.

    Lynnette Labelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! I just sent you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete