Hook, Line, and Sinker:
How to Hook Readers and Reel Them In
Do you know how to hook your readers? I mean, really hook them. Do you immediately think it’s all about the first paragraph? WRONG! Well…sort of.
The first paragraph is definitely important. But there’s so much more to hooking your reader and keeping her on the line until the very last page.
In Hook, Line, and Sinker, you’ll learn:
• How a hook can make or break a sale.
• How genre affects the hook.
• How to get the most out of your first line, first paragraph, chapter hooks, and cliff hangers.
• The difference between ho hum hooks and bestsellers.
• How the pros hook the reader and keep ‘em hooked.
Other benefits of Hook, Line, and Sinker include:
• Limited class size (no more than 20 students per class) means individualized instruction.
• Opportunities to submit samples of your manuscript or work in progress for critique.
• Professional editing of your work.
About the Instructor: Lynnette Labelle is a certified copyeditor and proofreader with over a decade of experience. She’s the owner of Labelle’s Writing on the Wall, a professional editing and manuscript service. Her editing services focus on helping writers, both beginners and published professionals, to perfect their craft and polish their manuscripts so they can take their careers to the next level. Lynnette is the editor of LoveBytes, RWA Online’s newsletter. For more information, visit www.labelleseditorialservices.com/
When: April 4 – 30, 2011
Registration is open. Contact me at: email@example.com to save a spot now.