Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Handing Out Awards

Ash. Elizabeth created an award because she felt a need for it.  The award is the Helpful Blogger Award and she was kind enough to nominate me.  Yay!  Thanks.  Now, it's my turn.  But first, the rules:

-Include the award logo in your blog or post.

-Link to post where you received the award.
-Nominate seven blogs that you feel are helpful to others.
-Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
-Let them know they've received the award by commenting on their blog.
-Share one thing that no one knows about you & quote a sentence from your favorite book.


I nominate:

-Lori Brighton
-Amber Argyle
-Rebecca A. Emrich
-Janna Qualman
-Tess Hilmo
-Shelli
-Travis Erwin

Something about me:  I had HELLP Syndrome and almost died when pregnant with the twins.  Cheery thought, isn't it?

I just read a great quote the other day, so I'm glad I can share it now.  This is from Anne Perry in the forward she wrote for Donald Maass's book "Writing the Breakout Novel".

"Sometimes I am asked, 'Is it true you should write what you know about?'  I say, "No, write what you care about.  If you don't know, you'll find out.  But if you don't care, why should anyone else?'"

Do you have any quotes you'd like to share?

8 comments:

  1. Lynnette, congrats! And thanks for passing it on to me. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks once again lynette and right back at yea! (check my blog for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm doing my happy dance! Thanks for nominating me. I'm glad you think my blog is helpful. I'll try to post it sometimes next week.

    BTW, what's HELPP?

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet award! And very deserving, as you always post such thoughtful and helpful topics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Lynnette! And to all those awarded- you are all a great group of ladies that offer so much.

    I love the quote. I the only thing I can write is what I care about, nothing else hold my attention long enough for 70,000 words.

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynnette,

    You'll have to forgive me for the mispell, believe it or not my aunt's name is "lynette" whom I adore, and she got me into writing, so bear with me... old dog can't be taught new tricks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Rebecca. Don't worry about the spelling of my name. I've had to deal with that all my life and it's only going to get worse once I'm published. LOL

    Amber: I'll talk more about HELLP Syndrome on Monday. Thanks for asking.

    Everyone one else: thanks for your kind words. I always love to hear from you.

    Lynnette Labelle

    ReplyDelete