Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Blog Crit of A TROLL WIFE'S TALE by Suzi McGowen

Here's my blog critique of A TROLL WIFE'S TALE by Suzi McGowen. Thanks to Suzi for volunteering. Feel free to add to my crit, agree with it or disagree. Reading is subjective, and to a certain degree, so is editing.

Below is my detailed critique. Please select FULL SCREEN to view, then once the document is open RIGHT CLICK to ZOOM and view the comments.

Blog Crit of Troll Wife by Suzi McGowen


The text and critique are only posted on this blog and not on a true public forum. Next Wednesday, I'll critique again.

If you're interested in a critique, send your first 500 words to me at lynnette_labelle at hotmail dot com. Please put "Blog Critique" in the subject, so I know it's not spam. Let me know the genre of the sample and whether or not I have permission to use your name. There are a few people still waiting for crits, so your piece will be added to the queue. I'll let you know roughly how long it'll be once I receive your sample.

Please note: I'm only accepting one sample per person at this time.

Thanks to all who've volunteered to share their work on my blog. I'm a professional editor. If anyone is interested in having their query, synopsis, and/or manuscript edited, I can help. I'm also a writing coach, so I can teach you how to edit your own manuscript. Plus, I offer one-on-one courses on the craft of writing. Contact me for more information or visit my site.

Lynnette Labelle
http://www.labelleseditorialservices.com

5 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have seen a service like this offered on a blog. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see the document. When I click on it, it takes me to Scribd and says that the document is private. I signed in and it does the same thing. I also tried the other posts, but the same thing comes up. What am i doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. E. Arroyo: Look on this post. Do you see where it says, "Scribd, Download, Print, Fullscreen"? Click on Fullscreen. That should open the document. Then, you can right click it if you need to zoom, but only do this AFTER the document has opened. I hope this helps.

    Lynnette Labelle
    www.labelleseditorialservices.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the voice in this-very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this! I found the notes very helpful. I'm nearing the end of major revisions, so next round will be the smaller things that are harder (for me) to catch. Repetitive word use and such.

    Thank you again. And thank you for your nice comments Oddyoddyo13!

    ReplyDelete