Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Weight Loss Method?

Author Julia Cameron swears you can loose weight by writing. Yay! All of us writers out there are very interested in that claim. In her new book, "The Writing Diet: Write Yourself Right-Size" (Penguin), she says by using a creative outlet like writing, you won't tend to overeat, and that keeping a journal will help you understand your relationship with food.

Hummm... I like the idea, but I'm not so sure it would work for me. I write almost every day and when temptation is in front of me, I'll eat it regardless of my daily word count. In fact, sometimes it's my writing that stresses me out and causes me to grab a few M&Ms, which I eat as I'm sitting at my laptop typing away. LOL Oh, well. So much for her theory. Maybe it'll work for other people though. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, not working for me, either! I"m most likely to snack mindlessly while writing. The hand to mouth reflex is just about as ingrained as the "enter" key reflex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I'll just sit on my butt and snack...How many calories does it take to type anyway? My mom loves Julia Cameron and I have one of her books, but I can't get past the first few pages. I think I'm not ready for it yet.

    ReplyDelete